Monday, January 8, 2007

I'm always late, but.....

....I understand that many Italians are too, so I guess it's O.K. But, I missed all but the last 5 minutes of Evi's concert last night dammit. I thought it started at 9:00, then when Anna was leaving the house at 5:00 she informed me it started at 6:00. I still had to shower and shave, then wait for a bus that wasn't coming, then take a taxi to Piazza Navona, then walk around in circles for a while looking for the church (it was behind me), before I finally made it there. I did get to hear her play a little, but I really missed everything, it was disappointing. I will make sure I catch the next one. I did end up having a nice evening out though. After the concert Evi went to dinner with her musician friends, while I went for a panino and a drink with Charlotte. We hung out at Campo De Fiori and talked fluent English together, it was nice. We were going to try speaking only Italian, but that would have been a 5 minute conversation for me and we quickly forgot about that. She has only been studying Italian for a couple months, but she is very good. When I speak I spend so much time thinking about the words that my personality is lost and I sound like a very dumb robot or something, but when Charlotte speaks (keep in mind she's still fairly new to this) she somehow manages to speak with the same enthusiasm that she has when she speaks English, and that's saying a lot because she is very energetic and felice, happy, all the time. She also told me that she has had a couple of dreams in Italian, which I heard is what happens when you start to speak another language. I can't wait until I have one, and I hope I understand it :) We had a nice time and headed home fairly early. She had school and singing practice the next day, and I had to try to get to bed a little earlier because my first class was the next morning......

No comments: