O.K., so it's been about two weeks since I last wrote something here, sorry. But I have to say that that's a good thing because I have been very busy everyday with school and activities with friends from school. So to catch up I'll start with the soccer game. 
We (me, Tom, Nevzet, Gabi, Silvia, Marcella, BB, Marianna, and Judith) went to see Roma vs. Parma in a game that I don't think had much importance because the Olympic Stadium was only about 30% full. But that may have been good for my first game. They check you and your bags at the entry for any weapons or things, but apparently bombs are allowed. They were the same type I saw on New Year's Eve, but when they are used in a stadium and in the corridors it's a different story. When we were walking to our seats somebody threw one down the steps into the corridor in front of us, a few feet from Judith and Marcella. Everybody ran away but they didn't see it at first, so I yelled at them to run towards me and we all covered our ears before it went off. It was incredibly loud and if they hadn't moved they would have been hurt. So we then went up the steps and watched the field for a bit, when this guy in the stands right in front of us lights another bomb that started burning bright red, so we all ran back down the stairs! Apparently, the ones that are bright red, green, or white are just smoke bombs, so we were safe. I didn't realize that Italians were such pyros, geez. There were bombs and smoke the entire game, especially when Roma scored a goal. At any rate, the game was a bit boring (it was soccer), but it was fun to watch the people, and Roma won 2-0 so that was good. There is another game here at the end of the month that I'm going to with Tom and maybe Nevzet, just the boys so we can get into the crowd and have more fun. It is better to be with the masses, they are very passionate about the game and the celebrations are really fun with all the smoke bombs and flag waving ;)
We (me, Tom, Nevzet, Gabi, Silvia, Marcella, BB, Marianna, and Judith) went to see Roma vs. Parma in a game that I don't think had much importance because the Olympic Stadium was only about 30% full. But that may have been good for my first game. They check you and your bags at the entry for any weapons or things, but apparently bombs are allowed. They were the same type I saw on New Year's Eve, but when they are used in a stadium and in the corridors it's a different story. When we were walking to our seats somebody threw one down the steps into the corridor in front of us, a few feet from Judith and Marcella. Everybody ran away but they didn't see it at first, so I yelled at them to run towards me and we all covered our ears before it went off. It was incredibly loud and if they hadn't moved they would have been hurt. So we then went up the steps and watched the field for a bit, when this guy in the stands right in front of us lights another bomb that started burning bright red, so we all ran back down the stairs! Apparently, the ones that are bright red, green, or white are just smoke bombs, so we were safe. I didn't realize that Italians were such pyros, geez. There were bombs and smoke the entire game, especially when Roma scored a goal. At any rate, the game was a bit boring (it was soccer), but it was fun to watch the people, and Roma won 2-0 so that was good. There is another game here at the end of the month that I'm going to with Tom and maybe Nevzet, just the boys so we can get into the crowd and have more fun. It is better to be with the masses, they are very passionate about the game and the celebrations are really fun with all the smoke bombs and flag waving ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment